Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Thing #16 - Wikis

I visited the "Library Success" wiki and will revisit it soon. I found some of the links to be very useful like the "Online training resources for librarians, Readers' Advisory, and Reference Services and Information Literacy." It's a good way to share ideas and information; but some marketing and community posts made no sense - not enough information was given. It also appears to be a work in progress with some categories housing little or no information.
I went on the OCL's article on Wikipedia, and interestingly, it gave me an abbreviated view with no ability to expand when using IE as my browser, but when I asked Jill I. about this, she said it's probably because of IE and to try Firefox, which worked. I later tried this again using IE and it worked. Why? Anyway, with regard to Sparks and his/her being magenta and not pink - I read the article and found Sparks in Trivia, noted the magenta color is referenced by footnote #28 and scrolled down to that link and clicked on it, which brought up the Sparks Tree House site.

No comments: